Healthy & Yummy Protein Solution
Personal Trainer Sarah Dash shares her find: a delicious, low-sugar, high-protein powder she recommends to her celebrity clients.
Hi Ceslie! I want to tell you about this amazing protein powder I found. It's made by Jay Robb and of the several I've tried, it is by far the best tasting. As a personal trainer, I'm always looking for healthy meal substitutes for my clients, as well as for myself. The company has several varieties, but I prefer the vanilla flavored whey. Whey protein is easily absorbed by the body. Although it's very low in sugar (only 3.5 grams of carb) it's made with Stevia, so it has a nice sweet taste! It's available at jayrobb.com or 877-jay-robb. You can also buy it at Whole Foods—Sarah Dash
Thanks Sarah! I tried Jay Robb’s and I do love it and the fact that it is gluten-free and hormone-free is terrific! Also, our friend (and best selling novelist) Linzi Glass asked me to put my personal protein shake recipe on the site. When Linzi visits NYC she is adamant about having one of my shakes each day. Sometimes she’ll call me from LA to tell me that she is craving one! I drink one every morning and find that when I miss a day I feel sluggish.
I started this regime a few years ago and it truly has had major health benefits that I can feel and see!
Here’s the recipe:
Ceslie's Protein Shake
makes 1 shake & all measurements are approximate and to taste!
- 2 large tablespoons of FAGE Total 2% Authentic Greek Yogurt. This yogurt has many health benefits. It’s worth doing the research! Since I’ve been eating yogurt everyday, I have not had one yeast infection; my complexion is clearer; and, it is a great source of calcium! I now substitute this brand of yogurt for mayonnaise and sour cream.(you can also use the 0%, but, I prefer 2%) There are many great brands available at your local grocery store.
- 2 scoops of Vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Honey (only if your powder isn’t sweet enough)
- 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel (don’t be afraid! This is like a juice and tastes good! I prefer GNCs brand called Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel-100% Organic & Unflavored)
- 1/2 large or 1 small frozen banana (I buy a bunch every week, peel them & wrap them individually and store in freezer bags)
- 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh berries—either Blueberries or Strawberries or both! My favorite brand is Cascadian Farms organic frozen berries.
- You decide: water or ice or both-this depends on how thick you like your shake
Blend on pulse (to break down the frozen fruit) and then smooth. Enjoy!